The 10.0.0.138 is an admin login IP for several routers. The end-user can examine the router settings with no active internet connection. It is a default gateway employed by home routers, Linksys broadband routers, etc. 10.0.0.138 is used for various home broadband routers.
Individual systems and native area networks use the IP address. Here we are discussing 10.0.0.138 router IP, which is usually used because of the default IP address by Linksys and Netgear router.
10.0.0.138 IP Features
There are some features of 10.0.0.138 IP address:
- This IP address empowers wireless programs to give users a way that is more dynamic. It helps in securing our WiFi network from access to the third person.
- Sending the data or processing of the traffic to various destinations can be done via the default gateways.
- 10.0.0.138 IP address provides WPA/WPA 2 encryptions that guard the WiFi community successfully.
10.0.0.138 IP Requirements
While the router is a 3- layer device. Also, the router makes connections with multiple networks. But there should be different networks. However, the connection made is with the help of an internet service provider. We must be in the vicinity of our router’s network or should be connected to the same network as our router to be able to access the IP address. Since we cannot find this address on the world wide web, it’s important to be a part of the same network as our router.
Reasons for log in failure into 10.0.0.138 IP address
The very first common reason, why we getting the error is not all modem types have the address is 10.0.0.138. The IP address of modem maybe 10.0.0.138 or the other address. If we made changes in our network then we have occurred some errors.
If accidentally we entered the wrong credentials then also, we get an error like provided information is wrong or check our credentials again. Hence, if our system has many transmitters then we’ll not be ready to access 10.0.0.138 of the modems if just in case we are a secondary device and our network has much WIFI connected.
What to do if we forget the router’s username and password
If we don’t remember our belong gateway login or Telstra default username and password or we forgot router credentials then we can reset our router. For resetting follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Locate a small pinhole in our router, generally towards the back.
- Use a small pin or something similar to insert it into the hole.
- Keep pressing it for 15-20 seconds.
- Our router will restart and it should have been reset.
- Now try to login with the default IP, username, and password.
- If it is still not working then comment below and we’ll look for some other solution too.
- Now we can change the wifi password after resetting our router.
How to Log into 10.0.0.138 IP Address?
Logging in to this IP address to perform the required tasks is very much straightforward. By logging into this IP address, an individual can change all the router configuration and initiate the specified network changes. This can be utilized to make the router settings as and when necessary.
After the setup and configuration of our 10.0.0.138 router or modem of any brand, we must keep in mind to reboot it after making the settings of it, as failing to do so will lead to un-effective changes. We can use the IP address whenever there is a need to do some configurations with the Telstra routers and its uses.
Login Steps to 10.0.0.138 IP Address
Being in touch with what 10.0.0.138 router IP is, now comes next how-to login to the present router IP. The following simple steps must be followed to log in to 10.0.0.138 router IP:
- First of all, enter the IP address 10.0.0.138 on any system of our network using any browser.
- Here the router’s administration page will be opened, on which we will have to enter the user-id and password of our router.
- We can use the default user id and password for logging in. In case we have changed the default, id and password use the changed id and password.
- Lastly, we will be directed to the settings page of our router from where we can change all the configurations of the devices connected with our network.
Default router user and password list
|4||(no default)||(no default)|
|10||admin||found on the router label|
How to Troubleshoot Router Errors?
There may be few cases where we will face issues, where we will not be able to log into the setup page of our Telstra router via the IP address entered. This will arise if we incorrectly entered the IP address.
If we have many Telstra devices on the same 10.0.0.138 network, then we will face issues in logging in, as the various devices may try logging in at the same time, being within the same network and crash altogether.
Usually, the modem provides a specific address to the client; but this address will never be in use except to access the configuration interface of the modem. By default, if we type the IP address of the modem, we may have an error message that displays the following: “Impossible to contact the server” error. If we wish to replace the 10.0.0.2 with an IP in the same range as the modem, then follow the desired steps:
If our modem’s IP address is 10.0.0.1, then we should use 10.0.0.2. In case our modem has IP as 192.168.0.1, then use 192.168.0.2.
Follow these steps to configure accordingly:
- Go to Administration -> Commands
- We have to enter the following command: ifconfig `nvram get wan_ifname`:0 10.0.0.2 netmask 255.255.255.0
- Click on Save Startup.
- Now enter: iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o `nvram get wan_ifname` -j MASQUERADE (to allow security access)
- Click on Save Firewall.
After these steps, we shall be capable of configuring the IP accordingly.
The IP address 10.0.0.138 is a private class A, IP address so users cannot connect to this network system from outside the house which we can do with public IP addresses. This private IP address is merely available within local area network systems. Also, make sure that we enter the correct IP address. Assure to have a proper network connection in our home or office for a smooth running of the network system.
If we want to configure the devices with the router, it is important to log into the admin panel because it is only the login page that allows the configuration of devices. To bring changes in the device settings then also we have to reach the admin panel.